Men and women nowadays are more knowledgeable and careful in choosing the best skin care products for them. They have been well-informed by the help of media, the television and the internet as well.
We have been very conscious of how we look and how healthy our skin is. Before, only women are considered vain but time made men somewhat conscious of their skin and how they present themselves in front of other people. Men are more fortunate over women in terms of their skin. Men’s skin is at least 20% thicker than that of women’s (technically speaking). They enjoy the benefit of getting fewer wrinkles than women, that’s why men tend to look younger through the years more than women do. Today, there had been more and more skin care products specifically made for men. Some men think that skin care is a girl thing though. On the other hand, men should be equally aware of how their care for their skin as women.
Attention, all men out there or women who cares for their men: here are some must-haves for men for a better and healthier skin:
1. Use Sunscreen. Exposure to the sun certainly is healthy but an overdose of which may cause burns, early aging and even cancer. An ample amount of sunscreen before you go out would do the job.
2. Cleansers. Keeping the skin clean, dead skin-free and free of oil also makes your skin free from acne and irritations. For men with oily and sensitive skin, special cleansers may be needed, although most men opt for the simple soap.
3. Retinoid. Using retinoid helps keep your pores unclogged and it may even help out with skin aged by excessive sun exposure.
4. Use Razors. Razors nowadays have 3 or more blades which when used shave away all the dead skin cells from your face. For some though, these razors may cause ingrown hair which is unsightly on your face. In this case, use of electric shavers may be considered.
5. Aftershave. Use of aftershave is essential to men. The best aftershave is the one that has no alcohol content as it dries off your skin. Choose those with disinfectants and moisturizers to keep skin soft and smooth and prevent you from having blackheads or ingrown hair.
For women, there are a lot of products to choose from, considering everything from price range to the effectiveness of the product. Here are some suggestions which you might want to consider:
Face Cleansers. Cetaphil is one product most dermatologists recommend because it has no harmful chemicals, fragrance that irritates the skin. If you are looking for something with shea butter, try Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser. It leaves your skin clean and moisturized. For oily skin, Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash is for you as this is soap and oil-free. You may also try Clinique Wash-Away Gel Cleanser and Lancôme Clarifiance Oil-Free Gel Cleanser. I you have normal to combination skin; try Dove Essential Nutrients Self-Foaming Cleanser. It combats oil and removes dead skin cells. For aromatherapy lovers; Bloom Facial Cleaners is for you. It has the scent of lavender and grapefruit oils. For sensitive skin; on a tight budget; Avon Clear Skin Foaming Cleanser is best or the Aveda All-Sensitive Cleanser. Blemished skin? Neutrogena Pore-Refining Cleanser is for you, it does not dry your skin. If budget is not a problem, try Murad Acne Kit. It has a cleanser, a pore-cleansing gel, an exfoliating lotion and a spot treatment.
Moisturizers. Moisturizers when applied should feel smooth, smell and feel good. It should not be irritating and you should not feel any burning sensation when applied. If you have dry skin, look for the presence of glycerin, dimethicone and hyaluronic acid in your moisturizer. Dove Sensitive Essential Day Lotion is very light and is free from dyes and fragrances. For those who want natural ingredients, try Lancôme Absolute Night Treatment. It contains sea algae, soy and wild yam extract. Crème de la Mer is the best in this category. If you have oily skin, look for a moisturizer that is oil-free not non-pore clogging. Some products in this category include: Olay Complete All Day Moisture Lotion UV Defense Combination/Oily, Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer SPF 15, and Lorac Oil-Free Moisturizer. For those who have normal/combination skin, a gel type is best like the Aveeno Positively Smooth facial Moisturizer and the Clarins Hydration-Plus Moisture Lotion SPF 15.
So, before buying any kind of beauty product; first, know your skin type then remember all the harmful ingredients you should look out for.